With the economy being so uncertain in recent years, many of us have started to reduce our expenses in order to weather the uncertainty of the times. Many people reduce a bunch of activities in order to hold onto or increase their disposable income. Some might start buying cheaper gas, some might decide not to take part in certain luxuries like sports cars. Some stop buying name brand products in the grocery store. All of these are fantastic ways to save money, but one thing you don’t want to do is skimp on the type of kitchenware you buy. Now, kitchenware might seem inconsequential but it is extremely improtant to buy the best quality plastic kitchenware and here are a few reasons why.
1) Quantity & Quality. This is true in many different aspects in life but especially with where you keep and store your food. The quality of the kitchenware that you purchase is so important because you want the safest and sturdiest plastic containers to store your food. Some of the more inexpensive, flimsy types of containers are made from sub-par and harmful materials that could potentially transfer into your food and make you ill. So opt for quality because you can’t really put a price on you and your family’s health.
2) Great quality kitchenware lasts far longer than the cheap stuff you can get at the dollar store. The way that top quality containers are constructed is completely different from the way that the cheap stuff is made. Many of the quality containers and items actually come with a manufacturer’s warranty in case anything goes wrong with them or they become defective. You can easily go through dozens of cheap containers very quickly from food staining and warping. This is wasteful and actually flushes money down the drain. If you bought the quality items to begin with, you would save far more money in the long run.
3) The variation in items. One of the great things about buying high quality kitchenware is the amount of inventory you get to choose from. Many cheap manufacturers have a one-size-fits-all mentality. Which means that they only make a small variety of containers, they just mass produce them, which means they manufacture a huge amount, poorly. With the quality kitchenware, you have a variety of shapes and sizes to choose from. In the interest of space economy, it is best to pick square or rectangular containers only. Circle plastic containers take up too much space and can’t be arranged as nicely and neatly.
4) Your food is kept fresher, longer. Another way that buying quality kitchenware saves you money in the long run is that it keeps your food healthier for a longer period of time. I’m sure you’ve had the experience of using one of those cheap, throw away containers to store your food. More often than not, what happens with these cheap plastic containers is that they aren’t made to seal in freshness. Because of this, air manages to get into them and the food goes bad and you end up having to throw it in the trash. This also happens in the freezer. Have you ever put something in the freezer and when you finally took it out to use it, the food itself was covered in freezer burn? This is because these cheap containers let frost in. The quality containers use silicone around the lid that insures sealed in freshness.
5) Another reason why it’s so important to buy quality plastic kitchenware is because when you microwave, freeze or even put your items in the dishwasher, you want them to come out in the same condition. Cheap kitchenware will warp and crack more often than not when they are put in these conditions, so you can’t even use them again because they are essentially destroyed. You want to be able to freeze your left overs in a container that will protect them from freezer burn and not be destroyed in the process. You also want to be able to quickly throw something in the microwave and not be worried about the container coming out distorted.
Listed above are the important reasons why you should always opt for quality kitchenware. In short, pinch pennies in other aspects of your life, but when it comes to kitchenware, always buy the substantial, long-lasting products rather than the cheap stuff.
If you are looking to buy kitchenware direct or Tupperware, make sure you browse through the range of quality products ate the Todae lifestyle store. Todae are Australian online leaders in a wide range of products including kitchenware, Tupperware, furnishing, homewares, beauty products and lighting products.